FREE to CIWM Members
This short module will help you to understand the resources that different organisations use; when they become a waste and how to identify and describe them when they do. It is the first module of the WasteSmart Foundation Certificate.
This module is free of charge to CIWM members. To access the course register here and then add the course to your basket. Registration is free.
Who is this course for
Anyone who would like to understand the value of waste.
What you will learn
At the end of the module you will:
- Be able to explain the different types of resources used by organisations when producing goods or providing a service
- Understand that any materials that are discarded are classified as waste
- Understand that there are different ways of describing wastes
- Understand that waste has a legal definition
- Understand the importance of complying with relevant legislation.
- Understand that it is the producer who defines whether a residue or output is a waste and that it remains waste until it has been fully recovered
- Accurately identify that wastes contain valuable resources
- Identify wastes that arise from a common activity.
If you’re ready to buy, add this course to your basket using the button above or if you have any queries about this course, or would like to discuss bulk purchases, please call 01604 823341 or email email@example.com.