The ‘Learn’ package includes an eLearning module as well as subscription to our Waste Expert platform for 1 year. The eLearning covers the core principles of waste management, helping you and your staff become self-sufficient experts.
The Learn subscription also doubles up as an encyclopaedia and reference platform for sustainable waste management which is constantly being evolved.
The eLearning component is accredited by the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM), so if you’re a member, it counts as 12 hours of Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
What you'll learn
You and your colleagues will learn about all aspects of waste management, based around 9 core themes:
- What is Waste? – The definitions, identification and classification of different waste streams.
- Basic Principles – An overview of the principles and concepts of sustainable waste and resource management, such the waste hierarchy and zero waste.
- Legislation and Regulation – Key pieces of waste legislation, why they exist and who regulates them.
- Waste Management Policy and Strategy – The benefits of an effective waste management policy and strategy and what these documents should include.
- The Cost of Waste Management – The true cost of waste management, including waste charges and recommendations on how to reduce costs.
- Effective Contractor Management – How to get the best value from your waste contractors.
- Hazardous Waste Management – How to categorise and manage hazardous wastes.
- Construction, Demolition and Excavation Waste – How to manage these specialist waste streams.
At the end of each section there’s a short quiz to test your understanding and progress. Because this package is provided on a subscription basis, you’ll be able to revisit the module content and use it as an ongoing reference tool. We are continually evolving the systems content and information provided.
With this subscription you’ll also have access to the following additional benefits:
- Ask the Expert – Ask our real-life professionals questions about your waste management issues and get a helpful response.
- Your Documents – Your very own online document store containing a range of guidance documents and a framework for building your compliance, data and financial records.
Subscribe to Waste Expert today
You can buy a subscription for one to 50 users – the more users you add, the cheaper the subscription gets! Please select the number of users you wish to subscribe to Waste Expert Learn from the drop down list below.
Once you’ve made your selection, you’ll need to decide whether you want to assign yourself, or someone else, as the ‘Administrator’ for your account. You will also be required to enter your Company or Account name. If you are using our learning materials for personal use and don’t have a company name, you can enter any account name that is unique to you.
If you want to buy the subscription for yourself, please select ‘Yourself’ as the Administrator to be automatically enrolled on Waste Expert. If you add more than one user to your account, the ‘Administrator’ for the account will be able to assign these users in the ‘My Account’ area of this website. To access Waste Expert, simply log in to ‘My Account’ and click on the Waste Expert tab.
To add more than 50 users or purchase a subscription package of more than £5,000 in value, please call our Sales Team on 01604 823341. If you would prefer to pay using an alternative method, or discuss your different options, please call us today.